Saturday, March 5, 2011

I Want What I Want

If you are ever in a room full of preschoolers it doesn't take long for a tug of war, an argument and sometimes tears to flow.  Why is that?  A preschooler tends to want what they want when they want it, it doesn't matter that someone else had it first, it is not their turn, or they do not need it.  Their desire for something overpowers everything else.


I can relate to that more often than I would like to admit.  When I pray I always end with "Thy will be done" but at times I am really saying "my will be done".  It doesn't matter that it may not be best for me, that it is not my time, that my Father sees the bigger picture.  When the no, or not now come, like a preschooler I sometimes respond in tears or stubbornness.


God has been teaching me so much in the past year.  I have had many "no" answers, but I am learning that my FATHER knows what is around the corner, what is ultimately best.  God is growing my faith, teaching me to trust even when I do not understand His answer.  


Has God answered no lately?  Have you responded with tears or with trust?


"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord.  They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.  Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

  1. I've had many "no" answers, too. Or God seems to take too long to answer. And then I ask God what it is He wants from me, because my will is often not God's will.

    ReplyDelete