Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter, Beginning Anew

New beginnings are traditionally celebrated on January 1st.  Often we set goals for the coming year, review or renew resolutions to live a better, healthier, more purposeful life.  Yet as a believer in Christ, Easter is the perfect reminder of my new beginnings.  A reminder of what Christ gave in order that I might live eternally.

He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.  All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.
                                                                                              Isaiah 53:5-6

That inspires me, more than just a change in the calendar year, to live a life more meaningful, more intentional.  I choose to focus not on new clothes, on spring gardens or whatever outward appearance of newness the world values,  but on who I am inside.  I am a child of God, forgiven for all that is ugly and dark, given beauty and new beginnings by the sacrifice of the Precious Son.



My resolution becomes clear, sharing the new life I was given, yet did not deserve.  Sharing the beauty of forgiveness and fresh starts in a loving God who is waiting with open arms to embrace a child come home. No longer in need of what the world has to offer for new beginnings, I have found a newness that does not fade, wear out or go out of style.  A life that is committed to the eternal, not the temporary, a new beginning with no end.  I have found salvation through Christ and a personal commitment to Him!  Do you know Christ in this way, do you want a new beginning?  If you want to begin again with a new life in Christ visit  Humble Area First Baptist Church.

1 comment: