Friday, June 10, 2011

HE'S Got It

Our fitness center is equipped with multiple TV screens all on different stations.  Exercise equipment is lined up to view whatever you choose while you work out.  Yesterday as I was exercising I watched as the moral failure of a leader in our government was played out for all of the world to see.  Another station was bemoaning the state of our economy, yet another was of Arizona and the wildfires that are ravaging their landscape.  I became so overwhelmed with the decay of our nation, a heaviness enveloped me.  As I "walked" I began praying, but to be honest it was a prayer of defeat.  Lord look at the mess that our world is in, what is going to happen?  Where are we headed and what will become of us?

In the midst of this sorrow, (I was also listening to my Ipod) Chris Tomlin came on and reminded me that God is the "GOD of This City".    My prayer of defeat became a prayer of victory. God is in control, God's got it, HE has all of it.  As destitute as it feels we are as a people at times, God is still on the throne.  I only have to look to Him.  I am still praying for our nation as a whole, for the morality of those in leadership, for those who have been touched by catastrophe, for those who do not know the Provider, Healer, Protector.  Yet my prayer is no longer heavy, because He's got it!





The earth is the Lord's, and all it contains, The world, and those who dwell in it.
Psalm 24:1

1 comment:

  1. I love this song- and no matter what it 'looks' like- God can open our eyes like he did Elisha's servants eyes- and we can see the heavenly forces surrounding ALL that we think is against us. God is the God of this City...Country...the world! He is in control!!

    Good reminder!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete