Friday, June 3, 2011

Summer Reading List

I love books!  I am old fashioned, I am not a fan of ebooks.  I love to hold a book in my hand when I read it.  When we were dating, Mr. Wonderful and I would go to bookstores just to walk around and look.  I still love to go to Barnes and Noble, their sale tables are the best.  My children also love to read and we have quite an eclectic collection at our house.  My dream is to have our own library.

This summer I have decided no new books, (unless I find a really good deal!) until I read some that I have already collected.   So here they are in no particular order:


  1. Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst  (this book has been on my nightstand way too long)
  2. A Praying Life by Paul E. Miller (a gift from a friend)
  3. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand (Mr. Wonderful said it was a great book)
  4. Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore (found this when cleaning a bookshelf and realized I never got around to reading it)
What do you like to read?  What is on your nightstand?  Are you an ereader or like me love the feel  and smell of a book?  I would enjoy hearing  what you are reading, because when I finish my stack I will be looking for something new.


4 comments:

  1. Same Kind of Different As Me is AMAZING! You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also dream of having a library...a whole room designated to books...from floor to ceiling...I love REAL books & feel like I've died and gone to heaven when I walk into any type of bookstore or library...however, my kids bought me a NOOK last year and I must admit I've enjoyed it for traveling.
    I love biographies, autobiographies & memoirs...especially of little known missionaries or church leaders. However, I read a wide variety of books on various topics...right now I'm hoping to dive into a book by Ruth Myers called The Perfect Love- it was given to me a few months ago and I still haven't been able to have a chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy, I decided to start with "Same Kind of Different". Anjuli, let me know about "Perfect Love".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stayed up late, Mr. Wonderful still on mission trip, and finished "Same Kind of Different". I finished one box of tissues and had to start another. Great book! It is older, 06 I think, but certainly worth picking up a copy.

    ReplyDelete