Friday, July 1, 2011

The Mom Taxi

I haven't had the opportunity to blog or really much of anything else of late!  My full time summer job has become the "Mom Taxi".  The last week I have driven my daughter to numerous events.  It is such a pleasure to have a car full of teen girls talking about random things.  Sometimes it is laughter and hidden meanings that only they understand,  other times it is discussing events of TV shows, music icons and then at times it turns spiritual.  All the while I am driving and smiling and treasuring moments that are soon to be gone.

My daughter and friends are preparing to begin high school and for me it is bittersweet.  All too soon the request will be for my keys, not for me to be the driver.  All too soon the conversations that she and I share driving to the next meeting will be a sweet memory.   My daughter will attend a public high school and I wonder if she is ready, have I taught her what she needs to face temptations that a new environment will offer?  Have I given her the spiritual foundation she needs to stand strong in the face of adversity?  I pray and I trust my Heavenly Father with my earthly daughter.

But today, today I enjoy laughter from the back seat as I pull up to the gas station and put more gas in the tank, today I enjoy going to Sonic during Happy Hour and buying everyone drinks as I prepare to take them to the next stop.  Today I smile and enjoy the moment.



Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it.
Proberbs 22:6 

2 comments:

  1. This is the bittersweet moment of all mothers, isn't it? Knowing there is changes ahead- wondering if we have prepared them enough for them- and then entrusting them to God to watch over them...every step of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just came across your blog by doing a bit of blog-surfing and I'm glad I did! I've added myself as your newest follower, and I hope you'll check out my Christian devotional site as well.

    Have a blessed day!

    In Christ,
    Dakota - A Look at Life from a Deerstand

    ReplyDelete