Monday, December 31, 2012

My Gap Year

What is a gap year you ask, well one definition is:

gap year is an expression associated with taking time out to travel between life stages. It is also known as a sabbaticaltime offtime out and a year out, referring to a period of time (not necessarily 12 months) in which people disengage from curricular education and/or work and undertake activities such as travelling, volunteering or working abroad.

So 2012 became my blog gap year, although I thought of numerous things to share it just never quite made it to the publish stage.  Just to fill you in on some of the things that happened during "the gap":

- Mr. Wonderful and I went on our first international mission trip together.  We went to India in May and it was life changing





- Darling Daughter went on her first international mission trip to Slovakia.  Yes I put my fifteen year old daughter on a plane without either parent, although great youth leaders, with peace of mind that I can't explain.




- I went to youth camp, those who know me well know this was more out of my comfort zone than traveling to India

- The Eldest Son graduated college (Woo Hoo)

- Started homeschooling Darling Daughter (after much prayer)

- The Youngest Son finished his first semester of his Junior year of college

- Completed several home projects alongside Mr. Wonderful


Oh well that is just a few highlights of the gap year. 

How was your 2012?






No comments:

Post a Comment