Saturday, January 5, 2013

Created to Create

I love making things, crafty things, fun things, housey things, food things.   I always have, I didn't just color, I mixed colors in a picture when I was a kid.  I come from people who like to craft.  My mom has made me many things over the years, from clothes to curtains, to a bed.  Yes my mom made me a bed, awesome, I know! There just seems to be something inside of me that longs to create things, to craft things.  One of my goals for the new year is to make at least one thing a month.

I have a multitude of friends who are creative.  My friend Paloma creates delightful and I must say delicious food.  Tami, give that girl a needle whether it be sewing, knitting or crocheting and beautiful things are gonna happen.  Pinterest is full of creative people and oh I could get lost for hours there.

As I was beginning my Bible reading for the year, I was struck by something.  Oh I have read it before but it dawned on my this time:

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.  
Genesis 1:1  NKJ (emphasis mine)

God created!  Wow!  Perhaps the reason I enjoy creating is because I indeed was created in the image of the GREAT CREATOR.  (Genesis 1:26-27)  I was created to create.   

When I look around me at all that God created there is certainly nothing that can compare!  A beautiful sunset, the ocean, the mountains, a flower so perfect, animals so graceful.   God is the Ultimate Crafter, the Perfect Crafter.  It also says in Genesis that when God looked on what He created He saw that it was good.  Indeed I think He took pleasure in what He saw!

As I work on my crafty projects for the new year, I will take pleasure in the fact that I am created by the Great Creator, in the image of my Heavenly Father, I was created to create!  What do you enjoy creating, a beautiful yard, a beautiful meal, are you a photographer or a painter and enjoy capturing what the Master Artist created or are you like me and just enjoy a craft project?  It doesn't really matter, what does matter is that you enjoy the act of creating and bring glory to the Creator through it!

My latest crafty project, a great way to spend a rainy afternoon.

In process on messy desk! 
Hung on wall, excuse nail a bulletin board hangs below.

 Joined a party at Serenity Now!Titus 2 Tuesdays

6 comments:

  1. Wise words!! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo neat! Thanks for the mention and thanks for sharing about your crafts! You've inspired me! One project a month is such a great goal! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the posts of your baking! I don't know how you do it!

      Delete
  3.  Hi, great post. I found you through the blog hop. Please stop  by and say hi when you get a chance.  .Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that started. It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Now following you.  Here's the link for it if you would like to check it out.
    http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup-1.html Lenetta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lenetta, thanks for the stopping by and the comment. I will be sure to check the party out.

    ReplyDelete