I love new beginnings! I love the start of a new year, it just seems so full of promise and hope. It is a time to let go of disappointments of the past and look with anticipation to the future. It is a time to evaluate self and make some changes. It is a time to evaluate my home and how it can better function not only for my family but as a welcoming place of hospitality to others. It is time to clean out closets and get rid of what is no longer useful. A time to look at things with a fresh eye and make some changes, yes I love a new year!
I think I have mentioned before, I am a list maker so I guess that is why I enjoy making New Year's resolutions. It is another list! This year I decided to make a list of ten things to work on, some personal, some financial and some spiritual. I am going to cutesy my list up and tape it to the inside of my calendar and break it down by month. In years past I have made mental goals, written lists on scrap paper and within a few months, perhaps sometimes weeks the list is forgotten. This year I am going to be intentional! I am going to hold myself accountable and see just how many of these goals I can mark off by December 31, 2013. A few of the goals I have written:
- 1. Read the Bible through this year. I have done this in the past choosing a different version to read through each year, but I haven't for a couple of years. This year I am using the Chronological Bible in the NLT. I ran across it not long ago when cleaning off a shelf and realized I had never read through it.
- 2. I am going to read two books a month, I know pretty general right. I used to read a lot and then life and kids and busyness happened and I have gotten out of the habit, opting mostly for magazines and other things that didn't require a commitment. If I get going and read more that is great, but at least two books, novels, self help, Bible commentaries whatever strikes my fancy.
- 3. I am going to blog on a regular basis, and for me that means at least one post a week, not worrying about others reading it but just for the pure enjoyment and since of accomplishment I feel when I hit publish.
- 4. I am going to COMPLETE at least one creative project a month. I love Pinterest and I love looking at projects, but sometimes I get so caught up in the looking that I forget to get anything done, so one a month it is.
- 5. I am going to mail, yes snail mail at least five cards of encouragement to others each month. This will include birthday cards. Who doesn't love to go to the mailbox and pull out a card?
Yep 2013 is going to be a great year! Will you join me in living intentionally and perhaps this year completing the list? The only thing better than making a list is crossing off the things when they are done! What are your goals for 2013? I would love to hear from you.