Monday, February 18, 2013

Love is in the Air

Crazy busy around here, anyone else?  Mr. Wonderful surprised me with flowers this Valentine's Day.  Now for some of you that wouldn't be a big deal I guess, but we really don't celebrate Valentine's Day, occasionally we will exchange cards, but we haven't celebrated commercially  in quite some time.  I know that sounds, well unromantic, but personally I would rather be surprised with a card or a flower when I know he is thinking of me, not when the calendar tells him he is suppose to.  Therefore Valentine flowers were a wonderful surprise!

We also attended not one, but two weddings this weekend.  I have attended many weddings over the years of being a pastor's wife, but I really do enjoy seeing how each couple chooses to celebrate their special day.  Both weddings were outside this time, one being more formal and the other a little more casual, both beautiful.  But I do have to share that this was the first time that a dog delivered the rings to be exchanged.  When the hubs asked for the rings, the groom whistled for his dog and he came running, they were tied to his collar, then the dog sat to the side during the remainder of the ceremony.  It was so cute!

I am always a little bit in awe and very delighted when a Bible study coincides with what is going on in the world, whether it be a crisis or just something simple like studying God's love during Valentine's week.  Perhaps it is the busyness of the season of life or the preparing for an international trip, but I have been feeling a little depleted lately, so to be reminded of God's love for me, to be able to bask in His perfect love has been such a blessing to my soul.

"This is how God showed his love among us:  He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.  This is love:  not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.  We love because he first loved us"  (1John 4:9-10, 19)

I challenge you to enjoy the love of the Father today, you don't have to work for it, earn it, be worthy of it, reciprocate for it, all you have to do is accept it and then enjoy it!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment