Sunday, March 17, 2013

In Love With Kindle

Mr. Wonderful bought me a Kindle!  I am one of the most non techy people you will meet.  Seriously, I upgraded my phone last year to an IPhone 3, because it was free! (OK I am non techy and cheap).  As a matter of fact we switched our TV to a different system recently and I still haven't learned to use the new remote, I am constantly asking my children to help me.   Don't laugh.  Some of it goes to not being raised in a tech savvy world and the other I can trace back to a Palm Pilot, do you remember those?  I had a basic palm that I put lots of info on and used daily, but it crashed and I lost everything!  I also had a computer program for my recipes and when our computer crashed I lost all of that too!  So therefore I have been slow to join the 21 century in the tech arena.  Mr. Wonderful has wanted me to get something for a while, but I just didn't think I would use it  Before our trip to India  I finally said a Kindle might be useful, he had me at the store before I could change my mind!








What took me so long?  I am reading more books, I can check email quickly, as well as keep up with lots of non essential stuff and carry it in my purse. I shared a movie with friends on our recent flight, but I have yet to venture into the music world.   I am currently converting my old paper and pencil calendar to my Kindle,  along with contacts.  I love my Kindle!

I would love to hear if you have a Kindle, what you love and what is your favorite app?


4 comments:

  1. It's not an app, but check out www.inspiredreads.com for a daily listing of free Christian Kindle books. Sometimes you have to wade through some not-so-great books, but there are some real gems on there as well. And they're free...you really can't ask for more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mandy I also use ereadergirl for free books, but I will check out inspiredreads, thanks!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness how I love my Kindle!! So much so that we bought all three boys one this past Christmas. My favorite app is one that we have on each of their Kindles and it is called Kindle Free Time. It shows only apps specified by Amazon as being child friendly and those we have allowed. They have internet access in order to download any of the specified apps but for NOTHING ELSE!! For instance, if they are playing a game that advertises You Tube videos and the ad is clicked instead of being taken to You Tube a pop up is shown stating they do not have access. There are lots of things I love about my own Kindle but knowing they are protected makes me happiest of all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love our calendar! It keeps everyone's activities organized!

      Delete