Monday, May 27, 2013

Thankful this Memorial Day




No it isn't Thanksgiving, or even thankful Thursday on Facebook, it is Memorial Day and Memorial Day inspires me to be thankful.  Thankful to those who have served and currently serve in our military, sacrificing so that I can sit here at my computer and write about somewhat meaningless things to be read by few, but I have the freedom to do it anyway because of their sacrifice.



I don't think I fully appreciated living in this country until I traveled to other countries, it certainly opened my eyes and inspired a thankfulness to my Heavenly Father for the blessing of being born an American and the freedoms I have taken for granted.


I am thankful to be able to read and study my Bible wherever I choose without fear of retribution.

Victorious pic 10 small

I am thankful to be able to choose my place of worship,  Humble Area's First.








I am thankful for a wonderful husband that I enjoy walking through everyday of life.


I am thankful for my family and I miss getting to be together more.



I am thankful for the place I call my earthly home (and it's new roof).



I am thankful for friends and the time we spend together.



I am thankful for these things and so many more, I can be thankful for all of these things because of my heavenly Father.  I can be thankful for many of these things because of those who volunteer to serve our country and continue to fight for the freedom I enjoy.  Today I am thankful and remember those who currently serve in my prayers!



Linking with friends at Rachel Wojo at Whimsical Wednesday













No comments:

Post a Comment