Saturday, May 11, 2013

When Every Answer Seems to be NO!

Have you ever had a season of "NO" answers?  Every prayer seems to end with a no, not now or wait,  I am going through such a season.  There have been a few things that I have been praying about, but God has  responded with a no, now is not the time.  Last week after a time of prayer, I awakened in the night with two scriptures  clearly in my mind.


 For I know what I have planned for you,’ says the LORD. ‘I have plans to prosper you, not to harm you. I have plans to give you a future filled with hope.  Jeremiah 29:11  

Prov. 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not rely on your own understanding.
Prov. 3:6 Acknowledge him in all your ways,
and he will make your paths straight.


These are verses that I have used to encourage others, but God was giving them to me to encourage me in the midst of my "No".  God does care about my day to day plans and my long term plans and He knows what is best.  What then is to be my response?

1.  Trust Him. (Prov 3:5).  It seemed like a good thing to me, but God knows what is ahead and now is not the time, may never be the time.  Trust.

2.  God cares in the midst of my disappointment, 1 Peter 5:7  tells us to cast our cares on Him, because He cares,  disappointment can be a heavy burden if we do not give it to Him.

3.  God has plans for me (Jeremiah 29:11), so I am praying that God will make His plans for me my desire, even if I am not sure what they are at this time.



(It has been several days since I started this post, and my heart is changing, I have peace.  I am thankful that God cares for me and has a plan for my life.)




Linking with Nifty Thrifty

2 comments:

  1. Proverbs 3:5-6 are verses I have been clinging to over the last several weeks along with Proverbs 19:21. Praying for God's directing in your life! -- Thanks for being so open and sharing. (You're the preacher's wife, you are suppose to have ALL the answers! LOL) ~Tami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to comment, I am praying for you guys. There are days I just wish I had a few answers!

      Delete