Monday, June 10, 2013

How to Deal With Stress

Whew!!  It is busy around here, how about you?  Darling Daughter has been finishing school and preparing to leave on a choir/mission trip.  I am trying to finish a few projects and prepare for some friends coming to visit.  You know, because you are there too -  family stuff, church stuff,  job stuff, life stuff.  I sometimes get overwhelmed with all that needs to get done.  Is anybody with me?  I was waiting and waiting and waiting for an appointment the other day, thinking of the time I was wasting and God directed me to Philippians 4:6&7.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and mind through Christ Jesus.

That hit me everywhere.  I mean seriously, be anxious for nothing, notta, not one itty bitty thing.  Not the eternal, not the meaningless, but give it to God.  I sometimes give the big stuff to God right away, but carry the little stuff far too long,  and seriously all that little stuff piles up and gets heavy.  God reminded me that He wants it all and I am wearing myself out by not giving everything to Him in prayer.  But the last part of these verses hit me, it is only after I give it to Him humbly and earnestly (Merriam-Webster's definition of supplicate) that I receive His peace, and not only do I get His peace, but that peace then guards my heart and mind.  Guards me from what you ask, well it seems to me to be the feeling of being anxious and overwhelmed!

My anxious heart reminds me to give it to Him.  It is my indicator, if I feel anxious, overwhelmed, stressed then I need a little one on one God time.  Not only am I then given His peace, but my mind and heart are guarded, not by me, but through Jesus.

Whew I needed that!  Do you need some peace today?





Linking with friends at:  Modest MomTeach Me Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment