Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Fresh Strawberries and Easy Dessert

I have had a busy stretch and haven't gotten much done including blogging.  Please don't tell Darling Daughter, but I will be kind of glad when school starts so things settle down.

One of our favorite things in summer is fresh strawberries, there is no telling how much money I spend on fresh strawberries!  We eat them just washed, with granola and yogurt and our favorite this summer has been freezing them and making smoothies.  I usually freeze them when they start to get a little too ripe to enjoy eating.

 I found this recipe on Pinterest and I have made it a couple of times, Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries from the blog The Girl Who Ate Everything.  It was a very refreshing dessert and not as heavy as cheesecake with the topping. The only change I made was to use melted chocolate to drizzle over the top instead of the graham cracker crumbs because I had chocolate and no graham crackers.


This works better with large strawberries.  I washed and hulled mine and then let them dry well on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.



I mixed the filling and then loaded a piping bag with Wilton tip 230.  It is a large tip that is long and gets easily into the whole strawberry.  I use a disposable bag because that makes my life easier!



Finally I melted the chocolate in the microwave and drizzled it with a spoon.  They were very well received as a matter of fact they didn't last long.

I hope to try some of The Girl Who Ate Everything's other recipes.  Let me know if you try one, I would love to know how it turns out.


Linking with Living Well Spending LessImparting GraceFeathered Nest FridaySerenity Now

No comments:

Post a Comment