Thursday, August 29, 2013

Routine, Productivity and Life

I hate to admit it, I really do.  It makes me feel soooooo, well boring.  I like routine.  I know being spontaneous is suppose to be more fun and exciting, but a routine makes me far more productive so I have time to have fun and as a result I am happier.

We have had a busy summer, preparing for trips, camps, mission trips and overnight guests.  I have basically had no routine for several months.  Oh things haven't fallen apart, but for me the lack of routine causes stress, I never feel as if I am on top of things, but I am just waiting for the next thing. Instead of being proactive in every aspect of my life, I had become reactive, including shopping at the last minute for gifts or groceries, doing laundry when there are no more towels, the sink of dirty dishes, and on and on.  I never feel like I am on top of "it", but more like "it" is on top of me.


to-do-list.jpg
Photo Bucket

This week Darling Daughter started school, and I printed my trusty to do list (that I talked about using here) and got with it.  I am still trying to work on how best to use my time, it is about a 50 minute round trip to take and pick up the girl from school, but I am more excited than one woman should be about having a list and checking things off!  I already feel as if I have accomplished more in the last few days than the last few weeks combined.  I have a list of projects I want to complete as well as the everyday chores.  No it won't all get done this week, but I am more relaxed knowing it will get done, not wondering if it will get done.

What is your best time management tip?  How do you work best, are you a list person like me, or are you more spontaneous?

Linking with friends at:  Living Well, Spending LessImparting Grace

4 comments:

  1. I used to be that way when My Three Sons were still at home. Now if i just accomplish one or two things I feel like it's a major big deal! Turning 50 changed everything, lol. Love your blog, it is so beautiful! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by. Fifty is not so far away, I have two older sons who are on their own, maybe I will learn to relax a little when we hit empty nest!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this . . . thank you!
    :)

    ReplyDelete