Monday, August 26, 2013

Worship

Darling Daughter was a counselor at middle school camp this year.  When she returned home she was recounting some of the most memorable experiences.  She shared about her cabin of girls, how God had moved during the week and just the overall fun.  But I was struck the most when she said she woke up one morning sore, her arms were sore.  She said she tried to think of why they were so sore then remembered the amazing worship time they had the night before and realized her arms were sore from holding them up so long.  Sore from worship!  Man have I ever been sore from worship?

As adults we sometimes think of worship as something we watch, not something we participate in (other than standing and sitting at the proper times).  I was reminded worship is an interaction between me and the only one worthy of my worship, my Savior.  If my arms aren't occasionally sore from lifting hands of praise to Him or my knees aren't occasionally sore from bowing before Him, am I truly participating or am I just observing!  Choosing to be an active participant in worship today!


Ascribe to the Lord, O families of nations, ascribe to the Lord glory and strength, ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name.  Bring an offering and come before him; worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness.  I Chron. 16:  28-29


Linking with Titus 2 TuesdaysModest Mom BlogGrowing Home

1 comment:

  1. Amen!! Throwing our whole bodies into worship is such an expression of joy and love. Thanks for sharing this from your daughter's experience.

    You have a lovely blog (and a lovely daughter). Thanks for coming by to visit!! Following you.

    ReplyDelete