Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Joy

It is almost that time, you know the time of the blessed chaos of Christmas. It is these moments of quiet that allow me to appreciate the next week of excitement that borders on frenzy. Our Christmas is filled with lots of family time, from our immediate family to extended family and yes it gets a little crazy.

This morning in worship our focus was of course on Jesus, not in context of the gospels, but our scripture was from Philippians. We were challenged to reflect on the humility that it took for God to become man, to leave a perfect heaven and choose to sacrifice for us. I give gifts to my family this time of year as a reminder of the gift that was given to me, yet in no way can I truely reflect the perfect gift of love, sacrifice and humility that was wrapped so simply.

My desire this Christmas season is to enjoy precious time with family, but to keep my mind centered on only one gift. The gift of a Savior!

May your Christmas be blessed with time with family, but ultimately reflections of the perfect gift that was given for you and me!



Merry Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment