Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christmas Open House


I love Christmas home tours and open houses.  Remember when the local ladies club would have a tour and you would follow the map and go home to home.  Oh that was so much fun!  I used to always have an open house for our church family with lots of homemade goodies, but things are just a bit too busy for that these days.  So I decided to join blog world's Christmas tour week.  This is a picture heavy   post, I wish I could still open up my home to each of you my friends, but this will have to do.

My home is decorated in traditional red.  Christmas is all about family for me, so my decorations aren't necessarily picture worthy but they are meaningful.

Dining Room

Our dining room opens up to the entry.  There is a continuation of the red with silver accents.  The snow globes are all nativity scenes, my collection is currently three, but I would like to have enough to cover the piano.  Our home is decorated with faith based items, I figure we get enough of the worldly decorations everyday, I want our home to reflect the real reason for the season!





The entry has a lantern filled with clear ornaments covered in white glitter to mimic snow balls.
The only snow I will see this Christmas.


One of my favorite pictures of my kids when they were small and playing in the snow.  It is framed with a boxwood wreath!
My babies in the snow!


Nativity from Africa
This is a poor picture, but I wanted to include it.  This is my all time favorite nativity, Mr. Wonderful brought it back from a mission trip.  It is ebony!
Nativity from India
This nativity is from India.  It was made by children living in an orphanage that I was able to visit.  This kids make crafts and sell them to help support the orphanage.  So precious!

Hot Chocolate Station
I love this area off the kitchen.  It is our hot chocolate station.  Above the washstand, which was my grandparents,  is a picture that I painted at a painting party.  Fun, fun.  

Family Room

This is our family room, it is appropriate that you are seeing it completed for the first time decked out in Christmas because this is what the hubs and I got for Christmas was our remolded family room! (DIY the Family Room 3DIY Your Family Room 2DIY Your Family Room ) Our tree is full of ornaments that reflect cherished memories.  The kids get an ornament each year, sometimes they reflect hobbies, a special event for the year or just something that I think they would like.  It is very eclectic and uniquely us!
The Middle Child asked for his ornaments this year, but I did sneak a few out!


The Eldest loves our UK Wildcats!



Toy Story for Darling Daughter




Quilt
The quilt was made by my great grandmother the year I was born and always makes an appearance at Christmas.
Advent Calendar
My mom made the reindeer and the advent calendar has been a favorite of our family for many years.

On my mantle
The lantern sits on the mantel year around and belonged to my great grandfather, but got a red bow for Christmas.


The guest bath which is also used by Darling Daughter got a little touch of Christmas but not in the red as the rest of the house.  If you remember she chose purple when we redid it so we went with something that added a little sparkle but would match the room (Updating the Bath).

Christmas bling for the Guest Bath


The last room I will share with you is the guest room, because even it got a touch of the holiday spirit.
Love this in the Guest Room


I hope your Christmas is blessed with family and the joy that comes with knowing the Savior for whom we celebrate!





Joining friends at Shabby Art Boutique

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have beautiful house. It's feel like I'm visiting your house right now.

    Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
    Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

    Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
    By the way, I'm Clotee. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger too, and now try my best luck to open an e-shop. Nice to know you.

    Regards,
    Clotee

    ReplyDelete