Friday, January 17, 2014

Fifty Shades of Blue

I really could care less about what the Pantone color of the year is! I don't mean to be rude but the older I get the more I am comfortable with the choices I make for my home and the less my choices are influenced by what is in style or the latest fad. I think that in maturing I realize that my home is not for the approval of the masses but for the comfort of my family, friends and hopefully a few strangers and angels along the way! (Hebrews 13:2)



I have always loved to decorate with blue and I was so happy when I got my recent Pottery Barn catalog. That means that I will be able to find a few things again to compliment my decor. My very first kitchen was blue and peach, anyone else have those colors? And yes I embraced the blue and mauve color scheme as well, then it was blue, burgundy and hunter green, yep I was there too. It seems that I have always had blue in my home, and now as I look around I have various shades of blue in my family room, my master bed and bath, my kitchen, my guest room and my craft, office, guest room combination. In some of these rooms blue is a major player and others it is just a subtle accent. This girl likes blue!

Just a few of my current blue crushes!

I found these delightful cobalt blue soda glasses at a peddlers mall near my son's job. We were passing time waiting for him to get off work and I could think of no better way than walking through the store. I only found five and I am currently looking for a few more. These are perfect for our evening smoothies and I am also planning a sundae party soon. Blue Bell ice cream and your favorite topping, what could be more fun.

I was in Michael's the other day and found these adorable paper straws, bakers twine and cupcake liners. How fun is that?!



These cute soup bowls came from Sam's. They came in a package of four and we use them at least once a week for our evening meal.





And last but not least, even my Yorkie, Piper, gets to eat out of a blue willow bowl!



Linking with:  Feathered Nest FridayMiss Mustard Seed:; Serenity NowCreate With JoyAnything Blue Friday

5 comments:

  1. I also love blue - and I also know what I like, regardless of what's in or not!
    Thanks for sharing your fabulous article and photos with us at Inspire Me Monday.
    I look forward to seeing what inspires you this week at

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking time to stop by my humble little blog!

      Delete
  2. I love blue but only have it in my kitchen....cobalt and white with a touch of hunter green. Love your blues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you AnnMarie! I love blue in the kitchen, blue willow is a favorite pattern.

      Delete
  3. So lovely! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features today at the Anything Blue Friday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature: http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/03/anything-blue-friday-week-52.html Hope to see you again at the little blue soiree! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete