Thursday, January 2, 2014

My Mission Statement for 2014

I love the new year. A new calendar, a clean house (it always looks so fresh and clean when the Christmas decorations are gone, although I am not even close to being finished), the opportunity to make new goals. I know you can make goals anytime, but there is something about New Year's resolutions. You take a look at your life and decide on ways to improve or things that you want to achieve. As a list maker this is the perfect opportunity for me.



This year I have decided that instead of making resolutions I am going to adopt a mission statement. I realize that you rarely achieve a goal you never set, but after some reflecting I think that I will choose to view each day in light of my mission statement.

I want to live each day simply and intentionally to God's glory.

I know that seems broad, but I continue to desire to simplify my life. As a pastor's wife there are many things that are not optional and in addition I tend to add more things to my schedule, this year I want to live each day as simply as possible. There will still be things that are expected, but I want to limit the things that I have a choice in participating. I want to live intentionally, I don't want to feel that life just happened, I want to be purposeful in all that I do. My relationship with God, my relationship with my husband, my children and my friends. I want to actively pursue each of these and be the best I can be. At the end of each day I want to ask myself did I glorify God in my life today, did I spend time with Him, did I honor Him with my choices, did I follow the leading of the Holy Spirit.


Perhaps a check list would be easier in some respects, but for 2014 I have decided not to view the year as a whole, but each day as it's own chance to fail, but more importantly achieve my mission for the year! I pray that you will set goals that honor God and bring glory to His name. May 2014 be a great year in your life!

Linking with:  Imparting GraceCreate With JoyModest Mom BlogStone Gable Blog

1 comment:

  1. I love January, as well.

    I like your mission statement ... it is easy to remember. I get too complicated sometimes.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete