Friday, February 21, 2014

The Urge to Purge and Live with Less

I decided it was a good time to tackle the master closet. With making a few changes in the master bedroom, I knew I couldn't put off the closet any longer. With the whole thing emptied, I dusted the corners and shelves and mopped the laminate wood flooring. It was time to take a hard look at what went back inside.



Somewhere along the way in the years of motherhood I decided that as long as it was a good deal and fit reasonably well that was all that mattered. I realized I didn't like most of what was in my closet, nor did I wear much of it. I have been trying to minimize my clothes for a while, so it may not look like much to some, but it was at least half of what was in there.

Because Houston is warm from the end of February to November most days, capri pants and flip flops go along way. I got rid of one pair of jeans, if you read The Purge 2014 you know that puts me down to 3 pairs and that will be plenty until I am ready to wear them again, probably not until fall unless we attend the Houston Rodeo.  I got rid of all dress pants because they were either worn or ill fitting except for my black pair. I have capri pants that can be dressed up with heals or down with sandals. A few cute tops and t-shirts that go with everything and I think that will give me enough variety that I don't look like I am wearing a uniform.

I need a few fresh things to wear to church that are not black! I will be looking for a couple of dresses or skirts that have some color, taking into consideration not only cost, but if I like it and how it looks on me. With what I chose to keep I think that will be it! I am going to try to maintain this minimized wardrobe for the next few months just to see if I miss having more clothing. If something comes in, something must go out! Darling Daughter came in to see the finished product and she said wow you didn't leave much!

Are you purging at your house? What do you feel the need to minimize? I would love to hear your story.


Linking with:  Amaze Me MondayModest Mom Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment