Tuesday, May 6, 2014

From Complaining to Thankful

After a busy stretch of activities and commitments, things are slowing down for me! I must admit I am glad, it is time to get caught up on some things that I have let slide in my house. Although I enjoy a neat and tidy home, I find housework frustrating. Seriously is laundry ever really done! And dishes, I already have dirty dishes before the load in the dishwasher is completely finished! Then there is dusting and vacuuming, oh and the bathrooms. You know what I am talking about, it is never really caught up, I never feel like I am finished.



Last night as I was contemplating where to start, my attitude was not the best. You know there is a mental list of things I want to do and then there is the actual list of things that need to be done. God brought a verse to mind:

Do all things without complaining and disputing, Philippians 2:14




 I don't think my family even knew I was grumbling, it was not anything that I was expressing verbally, but in my spirit I knew my attitude was not good.

Our Bible study group just finished the study of Gideon by Priscilla Shirer and one of the activities was to list five ordinary tasks and beside each of those tasks write down what they indicate about God's faithfulness and kindness. I decided to take my to do list and beside each task write something that I was thankful for, beside cleaning cabinets I wrote that I was thankful that I have enough, even an abundance of things to eat. I am thankful that I have a super comfy bed and sheets to change, and did not sleep on a straw mat last night.

 My attitude of grumbling was changed to a heart of thanksgiving. Thankful for all that I have been blessed with in life. Maybe you are not like me and deal with a complaining spirit, but if you do, I challenge you to think not of what has to be done again, but to be thankful to the One who blessed you with all that you have been given. Blessings.



Sharing with:  Wow Us WednesdayJust a Girl and Her Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment