Saturday, May 17, 2014

Porch Update

Have you ever noticed how one thing leads to another? This seems especially true in DIY. As we were contemplating adding the pergola we decided to wrap the beam that spans our porch in cedar to match the new posts. Even if we add the pergola this will look nice and finished.

Love the trim on the cedar post and beam


Last weekend was spent finishing all of the wood working, as we were admiring the the beam I said to Wonderful, you know (probably words he hates to hear because it means more work!) I think it would look better if we replaced the ceiling trim with cedar. His response was "Really?" and it was not a good really just a tired really. But the more he looked at it, he agreed so we used the wood we had on hand to replace a piece just to see! When Wonderful gets the pry bar out I know there is no turning back!

Old Trim
Cedar Trim




The porch area has taken longer than we had hoped, but our weekends have been so busy we have only had parts of Friday and some Saturdays to work on it! Yesterday was spent sanding and filling nail holes and brushing on sealer/stain. Today we will, fingers crossed, finish the staining on the porch. We still have four Adirondack chairs that also need to be cleaned and sealed/stained but that is another weekend! Hopefully I will be sharing the finished product soon!



Stain and sealer makes a huge difference


We are having a beautiful week in Texas. It is so nice to have the air off and the windows open. I have been sitting on the porch a lot, that is where I am now, and the hubby has started calling me a porch rat. I love DIY with him, his willingness to try anything and do it with excellence never ceases to amaze me!

Working Hard


Sharing with friends:  NancherrowAmaze Me MondayCreate With JoyThe ScoopInspire Me Tuesday

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Amanda, thank you so much for stopping by and the encouragement! We are almost there.

      Delete
  2. It'll be fun to see when it's all finished! By the way, I love your verse from 1 Peter-one of my favorites! Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete