Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Waterlogue - My Favorite App

I have mentioned the Waterlogue app several times. I just love it! It can change any picture into a work of art. It is great for unique, personal and cheap accessories for you home. I don't like to spend a lot on artwork, unless it is classic and will stand the test of time because I like to change things up. This app allows me to change things seasonally or as the mood hits for the cost of ink!



I took this picture of the Texas Bluebonnets on our Harley ride. Not only is it a lovely picture for a tabletop, I am thinking of making it into personalized note cards.







I downloaded a free picture from the Kentucky Derby, turned it into a watercolor and added a title. I framed it with a clearance frame and used it for our Kentucky Derby Party . It now sits in the middle of my dining table in a tray with an antique horse stirrup, candle and silk roses. It makes a great centerpiece.



This is a photo I took of our home. I printed it on standard size paper, framed it and hung it in my dining room.

I think the key is the paper you choose to print it on. I looked for some watercolor type paper and discovered it was a special order item and could also be pricey. Depending on what picture you are changing it could be worth the price, if I were printing something with my kids that could become a cherished item I would definitely choose the quality paper. As of now, I have only done projects that will be changed at some point. I had a textured scrapbook paper that isn't good in the Cricut so I tried it for this project and I am very pleased with the outcome. I think a linen or other textured scrapbook paper would also work.

 Pretty Handy Girl printed the cutest beach pictures of her kids for her bathroom and I must admit I am looking for the perfect beach picture now for a vignette for summer. Richella from Imparting Grace took it a step further and had a large picture of her house printed for her entry. I may eventually do that as well. And Kari Anne at Thistlewood Farms  printed one of her house also.  These ladies have awesome tutorials so click on the blog names to check them out.

I think these could make the most adorable personalized Christmas cards with your house all decorated! The sky is the limit. (I must warn you, it can also become a huge time waster!)  Is there an app you love?


Visiting with:  The Dedicated HouseGraced Simplicity; Imparting GraceAmaze Me Monday
Create With Joy

2 comments:

  1. That is such a cool idea! Those pictures came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a girl after my own heart. Isn't Waterlogue just the best? I LOVE the painting of the bluebonnets!! And of course the one of your home is lovely.

    Thanks so much for joining Grace at Home. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete