Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Twenty Nine and Counting

My wonderful husband and I celebrated twenty nine years of marriage over the weekend. It was a quiet celebration, we shared ice cream cones! No romantic dinner, no evening out on the town. As I have been recovering from surgery over the past few weeks it has been somewhat busy and so we decided not to celebrate with fanfare but a quiet evening at home.

It has been twenty nine great years full of many highs and a few lows. I must say I love my husband more today than I did those many years ago. I love him now with a mature love, that accepts a person for who they are and not with an ideology of what marriage will look like. It is better than I ever thought it would be, we are best friends and lovers, parents of three awesome kids, partners in ministry and day to day life! The boring and the exciting, the mundane and the grand, the happy and sad, it takes it all to make up this journey of marriage and I am thankful for each and every moment that I get to experience with this man I am blessed to call my husband.





No comments:

Post a Comment