Sunday, July 20, 2014

NOLA

A couple of weeks ago we realized we were going to have a couple of days that we could get away. That is a pretty big deal for us, most of our travel is planned well in advance. Wonderful suggested New Orleans, now I love New Orleans, the hubby can take it or leave it (mostly leave it) so I was pleasantly surprised.

I love the colors and the decor of New Orleans.................

Oh that yellow!
Fans, ferns and flowers.
Shutters.



I love the architecture and history..................



Street lights and wrought iron.
Jackson Square
Such history!
And the food...........

Worth the wait.


No words needed!
Fried goodness.


We had a great few days even though it was rainy. I was disappointed that we didn't get to visit the Garden District. As I said it was rainy and the street car was not running the day we wanted to visit. Oh well another reason to return, but now about the weight I gained.



Sharing with:  Amaze Me MondayA Stroll Through LifeThe ScoopThe Dedicated HouseHit Me With Your Best ShotImparting Grace

14 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! Love the architecture and the food looks amazing. Me too, always have to deal with the weight when I get back home, urgh!

    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...

    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy for always hosting a great party and for stopping by and checking out my pics! Have a great week.

      Delete
  2. Isn't it an amazing city. I haven't been in years, but I want to go back. Oh Cafe du Monde.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never tire of the city and it's beauty. Thanks for taking time to stop by.

      Delete
  3. I love all the same things you like about it as far as the architecture is concerned. Have never been there, but it sure looks pretty, but
    the architecture reminds me of other places we have lived or visited. Glad you had a nice time there.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOLA is so unique. There is so much to love and photograph, and the food can't be beat. Thanks for dropping in!

      Delete
  4. I love that architecture! Great yellow and wrought iron!! Thanks for sharing.... I would love to visit sometime... :)
    xox, Crystelle
    CrystelleBoutique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystelle, thanks for the visit and yes you should put New Orleans on your bucket list!

      Delete
  5. We went to NOLA over Spring Break and I could look at the architecture for hours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather wasn't the best for our visit, but we made the most of it. So much to see! Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Such a lovely place to visit and your are so right, no words needed for the fabulous food. The architecture is amazing and would occupy me for hours. Thanks for sharing this tour with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, thank you so much for dropping in. We had a great time.

      Delete
  7. What fun! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to the post so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/07/sunday-showcase-from-make-it-pretty_27.html Hope to see you again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathryn, thank you for the feature and for always hosting a fun party!

      Delete