Saturday, July 26, 2014

Perdido Key

After we left New Orleans we drove to Perdido Key, FL for a week. Just Mr. Wonderful and me. It has been one of the most relaxing vacations we have had in a long time, and it was much needed. This was our first trip to Perdido Key, we have visited the Destin, Gulf Shores areas several times but not this spot in particular. I must say it is now my favorite.







We enjoyed exploring a new area and downtown Pensacola has lots of charm. There is a lot with just food trucks, isn't that fun. At the end of Palafox Street is a harbor. I loved taking pics of the boats and just enjoying the overall view.





We also visited the Naval Aviation Museum  spending several hours, there was so much to see. We also walked up 177 steps to the top of the lighthouse . The view was amazing, but boy those steps were killer.



The food has been wonderful. I love seafood and so we ate it several times. Our favorite was Peg Leg Pete's in Pensacola Beach. We also enjoyed visiting McGuire's Irish Pub. They are said to have close to two million one dollar bills hanging all over the place. Room after room had money hanging from the ceiling and on the walls, it was nuts, but fun. We also enjoyed a burger dive named Hub Stacey's.



But my favorite thing by far was the beach. Wonderful and I spent several hours each day enjoying the beauty. We had a condo with a beach view, but on his morning run hubby discovered a very private public beach. Each day we headed to our own private beach, the closest people each day were at least 100 yards from us on each side. We enjoyed floating on the ocean, looking for shells and just relaxing. It was amazing.









I took so many pictures! One morning we enjoyed the dolphins, they were about a 100 feet from us in the ocean and were having a grand time. It was the best, that was the only day I forgot my camera.





It was an incredible time, but I must admit I am looking forward to sleeping in my bed tonight.


Sharing with:  The ScoopGrace at HomeAnything Blue Friday

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, it was, not overly commercial! Thanks for dropping in!

      Delete