Monday, July 14, 2014

Upcycled Clock

I ordered this clock online, and I didn't like it from the start. I tried to like it, I hung it in the room I bought it for and tried to talk myself into it, but it just wasn't what I wanted. I put the clock in my donation pile and decided it was a lesson learned, I couldn't return it!



Well fast forward a year. We were gathering all of our donation stuff and I ran across the clock. I decided to see if I could upcycle it!

The back was held on with four small screws. After taking them off, I took the clock apart one piece at a time. I painted the frame of the clock just like I did my lamps.



I took the clock pieces off and unfortunately broke the clock mechanism. (I picked up a new one at Michael's with my 40% off coupon.)

After spraying the clock face with adhesive, I placed a whole sheet of 12x12 scrapbook paper over the face. When dry, I cut around it with scissors. My Cricut came in handy to make the numbers. I made the 12, 3, 6 and 9 slightly larger than the other numbers.





The final step was reassembly. It was very easy, the hardest part being putting the tiny screws back in the back of the clock. I am so happy with how it turned out. The cost was around $5 for the clock mechanism and one piece of scrapbook paper. Everything else was something I already had!



This was my first clock, but I don't think it will be my last!





Sharing with friends:  Amaze Me MondayCreate With JoyThe Dedicated HouseInspire Me TuesdayHit Me With Your Best Shot

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! And such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I din't know that clock mechanism was so cheap :) Thanks for the inspiration... I see myself making one sometime soon!

    -Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete