Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Times, They are a Changing



I have always, pretty much, enjoyed every decade that I have celebrated. But there are moments that I realize that time is progressing and yes I am aging. In my thirties when I realized that both my children's pediatrician and dentist were younger than me, it was a funny feeling, only I wasn't laughing. Celebrating 29 years of marriage, uhh young people are 29, not married 29 years. And now in my (late) forties I have had a moment! You see my baby girl started her senior year. Not only that my oldest started teaching in high school today. I am the Coach's mom! When I get to visit my younger son at his business, I am the boss's mom! Me, the teacher's mom and the boss's mom! Wow that is an eye opener!



Yes times are changing, I have lots more gray to cover with that little bottle, I see more and more wrinkles, and I am not as spry (such an old people word) as I used to be. But I am enjoying this season. I can't wait for Darling Daughter to enjoy homecoming, prom and all of the other fun stuff that goes with Senior year. I like going to my son's job and watching him manage his employees. Although I won't be able to see the oldest teach, he is also a football coach and I will get to enjoy watching him do something he loves.



I am thankful for each and every day that I get to enjoy. I am thankful for my children and delight in seeing them move toward achieving their goals. I am thankful for a Wonderful husband that walks with me through the journey of life and pretends not to see the wrinkles and gray hair.

Embrace the changes of life and enjoy each day!


Linking with:  A Stroll Thru LifeHit Me With Your Best ShotGrace at Home



No comments:

Post a Comment