Wednesday, August 20, 2014

What a Difference 24 Hours Can Make

Does anyone else remember Paul Harvey and the rest of the story? Well when I left you we had just bought a ranch in serious need of a re-do and were getting ready to put ours on the market. That was on Wednesday, our realtor/friend/neighbor was getting ready to go out of town for a week so we said that would be perfect it would give us enough time to get the house ready.

Why had I not painted this?


Wonderful and I worked for a week cleaning and taking care of items we had put off. Touching up paint, decluttering, weeding flower beds, trimming bushes, etc. We talked with the realtor and made an appointment for Friday to do paperwork and take pictures of the house. The house was listed on the realtor web site by Friday evening with no pictures, the pictures went up Saturday morning along with the sign in the yard. I got a call for a showing on Saturday at 3:30 and by 4:30 we had an offer. We were on the market 24 hours, now I have seen Jack Bauer do a lot of things in 24 hours, but I have never seen him sell a house in that amount of time, crazy right.

So humid in Houston area, a non hazy pic was impossible!





So my clean picture worthy house has gone from this ......





to this in a just a matter of days.



I am so thankful for this journey and I want to give all of the glory to God. God's love for me, His goodness, mercy and grace in my life is not measured by how quickly everything is happening with our houses, He would still be just as loving, good, merciful if our house hadn't sold this quickly, but I want to make sure He gets the glory and praise for it!

Back to packing.


Linking with:  The ScoopThursday StyleImparting GraceJennifer RizzoAmaze Me Monday


7 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your move! We moved form New York City to a suburb fo Colorado a year and a half ago and love it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat for dropping in, we are excited and can't wait to get started renovating our new house!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! That is lightning fast. Have fun with the new house project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah, I am chest deep in boxes. lol

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is incredible! Congratulations and much good luck with the packing and moving process. You know, I'm sure Jack could sell a house in 24 hours if someone asked him, too.....loved that show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, thanks for stopping by and you know, I bet Jack could sell two!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete