Monday, September 22, 2014

Kitchen Decisions, Help Needed

This weekend met with more demo, meaning more mess!

Some people not to be named, enjoy demo more than others!


On Friday my remaining appliances were delivered. I have been without a dryer for two weeks. I have been using the frig that was in the house and although it cooled, that was about it. It is so nice to have modern conveniences. I had ordered a counter depth frig, because the kitchen is so small. The appliances arrived later in the day so it was a whirl wind trying to get everything hooked up. The frig didn't seem to be cooling very fast, so delivery pizza was ordered yet again. The next morning we realized the frig was not working at all! So after a few calls our options were to order a second frig, which would take another sixteen days to arrive or come to the store and pick out something. Patience has never been a virtue that I have had in excess so I decided to just pick something out at the store. I ended up with this, and although I love it, it does take up more floor space. So here is the dilemma.



Do I leave the frig as is, and just deal with the few inches less floor space or do we take out the pantry and build the frig into the wall opposite the sink. Putting Cabinets where the frig is located now, this would definitely increase the counter space, floor space and visual space and would look the best, BUT I would lose all of the storage I currently have in the pantry which is quite a bit in small kitchen.





Help, what would you do? Wonderful wants to move the frig, of course that means more demo, but now is the time. I am leaning toward keeping the pantry because I wouldn't get that amount of storage back! But I know the demo would look better in the long run and afford more counter space. I really welcome your opinions!



Excuse the pantry mess at the moment.



Sharing with:Inspire Me TuesdayInspire Me MondayJust A Girl and Her Blog

11 comments:

  1. I would go for it and relocate the fridge, you are both so creative that you'll figure a way to create a nice looking way to store things... I usually go for the easiest-leave-it-as-it-is path but I know in the end when you gain floor space and aesthetics you will be happier, I think leaving it as it is will probably end up making you move the fridge later anyway so why not do it now that you're all in a roll? Jmo.... You know what's best and either way you will make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to go cook there for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Paloma, and yes I will definately be calling when it is done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. I would not lose the pantry. I never want to live without one again. Can you send the fridge back and wait the 16 days for the right one? Maybe someone has one they can loan you in the interim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unless you have some other closet nearby..laundry room? Where you could store things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheri, yes that is one option to move some of the stuff to the laundry room, truth is I could probably get rid of some of it!

      Delete
  6. Just wanted you to know I really love catching up with you on your blog. Love your new house and remodels, we've been doing that a lot ourselves this year! Lots of work, but rewarding! I had no idea that pastor Barry could do all of those things though, wow!! Anyway, we miss pastor Barry's teaching and kind heart and all the wonderful people at hafbc. Although God is getting us settled in at our new place too. :). Thanks for blogging where I can kinda keep in touch with your family! :). Have a wonderful Monday...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you for the encouragement! I hope your family is well and you are experiencing God's blessings. Barry can do anything and does it all well. It at times is quite beneficial to be married to a perfectionist.

      Delete
  7. Is there ample space in the laundry room to move "pantry goods"? If not, you might miss that pantry. BUT added cabinet/counter space sounds wonderful! I also wonder if you can order new fridge and wait the 16 days. Sounds like a lot right now, but won't be in the long run.
    Second thought. Could you add in a pantry to the left of the current pantry and take up a little wall space in the dining? (obviously opening to the kitchen) I can't remember the wall set up in the dining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thought on the dining room because there is certainly more than enough space there. Now the wheels are turning, thanks for the input!

      Delete