Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Ranch Re-Do

One down! We closed on the "Ranch Redo" today! We are so excited and can't wait to get started. I wanted to share a tour of the place. These pics were taken during a visit with the idea that I could refer to them during the planning, thinking process. So this is it, in all it's fixer upper glory!

The lot is officially .99 acres, it is a story and a half with a detached two car garage.



The family room, I have never seen such a long hearth!



My new tiny kitchen!



Can you guess when anything was last updated by the carpet and wallpaper?

I have already bought a new front door.

All of the bedrooms pretty much look the same. Each one has a double closet and a built in shoe rack.



The bathroom hasn't been touched.



This Dutch door leads to the laundry room. So cute.



This is a fully functional greenhouse. I have such plans for this space, I mean I am super excited, but more about that later.

After the last paper was signed, we couldn't wait to get out of that office and get started. Mr. Wonderful ripped up smelly, gross carpet this afternoon, we took down blinds, dated window coverings and started with that wallpaper.

So do you think we are crazy? If you could only see what I see in my mind, I can't wait to reveal it to you, one room, one project at a time.



Sharing with friends:  The Dedicated HouseImparting GraceA Prudent LifeFeathered Nest Friday

8 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you do with the fireplace, it looks a lot like mine so I might steal your ideal. I love the house and I know you will make it spectacular, wish we were closer so we could help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Bev. We are super excited to make it our own!

      Delete
  2. You both are simply amazing! Such "go-getters." I can't wait to watch the transformation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although exhausting, we are having so much fun! Thanks as always for the encouragement.

      Delete
  3. Coming over from The Dedicated House Before and After Party. OOO! You are going to have so much fun. I can't wait to see what you do with the house...it has such potential! I'm a new follower. Would love for you to follow me back at The B Farm.
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cecilia for coming by, I will certainly be visiting The B Farm.

      Delete
  4. Susan, your new home looks very familiar. Reminds me of the area NE of Houston, TX, where I lived for many years. BTW, I like how your hearth has sitting on both sides of it. You're going to love that house and the greenhouse. Look forward to knowing you better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, thanks for stopping by and it may just be the place you are referring to, as that is where I am located!

      Delete