Saturday, October 25, 2014

New Front Door

Did you ever play the game "Mother May I" as a kid? You know you were told how many scissor steps, bunny hops, side steps you could take and you had to ask "Mother, may I". Well I feel as if I have only been taking baby steps in remodeling for a few weeks, not much to write about, you know there are only so many times you can tell folks you are painting. Well this weekend we took some giant steps and I am so excited!

Definitely blah, not inviting!


I guess you could call that patina, oh and the heart shaped key thing!




Up until now the single biggest outside change had been power washing the house, and oh what a difference. But yesterday my new front door was hung and it is like all of a sudden my house has leapt into 2014. The front door was the first thing I bought, even before we closed! There are still things to do like change the lights and paint the trim, but for today I am going to enjoy my new front door, and paint a little too!



Love, love, love my new door!


 If you are in the Houston area and would like the name of my "door guy", just let me know!


Linking with:  The ScoopAmaze Me MondayInspire Me TuesdayHit Me With Your Best ShotImparting Grace

4 comments:

  1. Hi Susan! Your new front door is beautiful!! What a difference! I love the color and the glass insert! BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, thanks for stopping by and we are loving it. It is amazing how much lighter our entry is!

      Delete
  2. The ambiance of your front porch totally changed when you replaced the door. It became more lively and appealing to look at because of the color and design of the new door. You did a great job on that one, Susan! Thanks for sharing that! Kudos and all the best to you! :)

    Lynne Hollaran @ Sub Urban Glass

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so exciting to get a new door it. It really makes you feel like you live in a totally new place. I also do like when people choose doors that are not solid wood. In my first few homes, we had solid wood doors and it just felt closed off. I like where there is a little window.

    Giovanni @ Coastal Contract Hardware

    ReplyDelete