Saturday, November 22, 2014

JOY Christmas Decor

I am really thinking Joy might just be my Christmas theme this year. More about that later. I love a good easy peasy project that ends up being super cute, don't you?

I found these frames at Michael's on sale with an additional 15% off coupon and decided to pick them up, I had a project in mind and these would be perfect. They are a shadow box style with a white frame in a 5x7 size.

Can I just say I love my Cricut! It makes projects so easy and fast. I cut out the joy on red vinyl and applied to the outside of the frame being careful to keep it centered. The next step was to take the back off and cover. This could be covered with fabric, paper, or even filled with fake snow would be too cute. I went with paper because I already had several from which to choose. I tried wrapping paper and although I liked the pattern, the paper was a little on the cheap side and didn't have any body and I thought it looked cheap in the frame, so scrapbook paper it is!



So here it is in all of it's undecorated glory. I am really pleased with how it turned out and although I have it currently sitting on a shelf, ultimately it will hang in the guest bath.



So have you completed any projects? Are you already decorated for Christmas? Boy I was tempted this year to get a jump start, but it will be after Thanksgiving before it all goes up!


Linking with:  The Dedicated HouseInspire Me Tuesday

1 comment: