Thursday, March 26, 2015

Yard Work, Yard Waste and Patience

There are times that yard work seems endless. This year we have decided to try to get our yard into shape and work on a long term plan for what we want it to look like in the future. Although at one time, I think our yard was probably impressive with planting beds and a manicured lawn, unfortunately through the previous owners declined health the yard had fallen into mess. There are years worth of leaves, pine needles, pine cones, hickory nuts, sweet gum balls (I loathe sweet gum balls), sticks and on and on that have built up.



Although we have had the yard mowed and bagged, there are still those things that only a good raking by hand that can do. Just the thought of doing this is overwhelming!


The weather right now is beautiful in our part of Texas, and I love to be outside. Before we know it, 100 degree temperatures will be upon us and it is miserable working outside so I am trying to take advantage of the nice forecast. Each day the weather is agreeable, I will go out for about an hour and rake a section of the yard. I can usually get 3 to 5 garden carts of waste during this time. It is good exercise and I get to enjoy being outside and make a dent in a huge task. This has helped me from feeling so overwhelmed by the project!


This is the pile of yard waste so far and I must tell you this picture does not do it justice, it is probably 10' x 6' in size. I am learning patience in this house remodel, or at least I am trying to learn patience! Today it is raining so I will take a break from the yard work and let the blisters and ant bites heal.

Sharing with:  Grace at Home

No comments:

Post a Comment