Wednesday, April 29, 2015

"Love the Home You Have"

I love my house! We moved almost eight months ago, and have spent every spare minute remodeling. But I must admit that I started to get remodel burn out, no matter how hard we worked nothing seemed to be finished. Then spring hit and we moved our focus to the yard and it was a nice change for both Wonderful and me.



I have followed The Inspired Room  blog for a few years so when it was announced that Melissa's book was coming out I was curious. "Love the Home You Have", wasn't really an issue for me, we moved into a home that I loved, but after reading the back cover, I decided that I could still benefit from Melissa's wisdom.



Melissa takes us on her home ownership journey, through numerous moves and myraid of houses each very different in style. She shares things that she learned through this journey by sharing the blessings and yes curses of each house and how this path has lead her to "love the home she has". Her wisdom will inspire you to love your home inspite of the things that drive you crazy. Melissa counsels us to let go of unrealistic expectations, declutter, clean and add our own personality to the home with which we have been blessed in order to create a haven for our own family.



With fresh inspiration from this book, I was challenged to finish a few projects that I had been putting off. I have painted my laundry room, worked on painting my trim, Wonderful stained the unfinished stairs, fixed my sagging drapes and a few other things that were bothering me, I have continued to declutter and make the most of every area in my home. You know what, as I checked things off of my to do list, I began to get the energy to finish a few more projects. The burn out began to melt away and I began to enjoy the journey again.





Thank you Melissa for the inspiration to keep going. Oh we are still not finished and let's face it, no matter where we live isn't there something we are always working on or working toward? But I am getting my second wind to finish strong in this place I call home. Need a little boost in your home, or really just hate where you are, I have been there too, pick up a copy of "Love the Home You Have" and plan to be challenged, inspired and fall in love.


Sharing with:  Grace at Home

No comments:

Post a Comment