Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Hot Fudge Cake

I make my family a dessert almost every weekend. I know, it isn't a healthy habit, but it is certainly hard to break. This past weekend, being Mother's Day, and all of the yard work  we had been doing I wanted something easy. As I looked around Pinterest, I swear I should just get rid of all of my cookbooks, I decided to try an easy recipe for hot fudge sauce .


I rarely buy a boxed cake mix, but easy was the word of the day so a boxed mix it was. There are a gazillion recipes on Pinterest to make a box mix taste homemade so I decided to give one of those a try a try as well.

The end result was a hit with the family. I wouldn't use the "recipe" to make the box cake mix again, I would just follow the box directions. It didn't taste any different and definitely added a few more calories, hey when you serve dessert most weekends you save them where you can!





I was skeptical about the hot fudge sauce because it is basically a no cook. You put all ingredients in blender, heat the half and half in the microwave, when boiling you add to blender and blending all ingredients til smooth. That is it! It was good, I mean very good. I will definitely be using this again.

When I am encouraging women to share hospitality I often hear the same thing over and over, I don't cook. Well this is a great recipe for you. Use the box cake, or if that is too much buy a plain chocolate cake at the bakery, this would also be great with brownies. Choose your ice cream and make the hot fudge sauce in advance, (click here  for recipe)  warming in microwave when ready. Have a few drinks on hand, invite your neighbors over for dessert on the patio and enjoy the fellowship with very little effort!

(We are a Blue Bell  family! We can't wait to get you back in our grocery, no other ice cream compares!)


Sharing with:  Inspire Me TuesdayTitus 2 TuesdayHit Me With Your Best ShotWow us WednesdayThoughts from Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment