Friday, May 29, 2015

What Pinterest Doesn't Tell You

I have been consulting Pinterest for a year off and on concerning Darling Daughter's graduation party. I have pinned the cutest things and have gotten so many great ideas. For the last couple of months we have all worked hard getting everything together for the party. From decorations to the yard, I wanted it to be a great party. But in all of my preparations, there were a few things for which I wasn't prepared.

My three, The Coach, Darling Daughter and The Business Man!


There was a lost item on a flight here that required numerous phone calls and quite a bit of stress. (Hopefully the lost item will be returned later today, over a week later.)

Our theme was travel!


For our family that drove here on Friday, keys were locked in the car and we had to call a service to get it open after numerous attempts failed.

The buffet line started at this suitcase.


On the night before the girl was to walk she came down with a stomach virus. Although she was able to participate in graduation, she really wasn't feeling great. Then over the next couple of days, seven of the 10 people at my house came down with the same bug in various ways and degrees! Let's just say it was not a pretty sight!

Although she looks pale to her mom after being sick, I love the delight on her face.


In case you haven't seen it on the news, Houston is experiencing a flood for the history books. Although flood waters have not affected our home personally, it has touched many neighboring areas. All of the work we put into the yard was not able to be enjoyed on graduation day. That means that most everyone was inside my less than two thousand square foot house! It was quite stressful and I must admit I had to let some adorable decorating go and set up last minute card tables and such. Because of the chaos, I didn't  get any pictures!!!!!!!!!

The fireplace was decorated with the banner and pics!


In spite of all of the complications, Darling Daughter is now a high school graduate and I must admit, we will not forget this weekend anytime soon!

Our yard.


Part of the back yard decorated with a mile marker of Darling Daughter's travels.

Our last high school graduation!

Sharing with:  The Dedicated HouseThoughts from AliceInspire Me TuesdayTitus 2 TuesdayHit Me With Your Best Shot

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! What a beautiful family!!! And I love that theme. I also love getting to read your blog and ideas, so thanks for sharing. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The girl chose the theme, so much different than the boys! lol

      Delete
  2. Congrats! It's always stressful when parties don't turn out the way we planned, but despite all of your challenges, it looks like your part was a great success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time! Sometimes, we just have to let go of our expectations!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations to the graduate and I like the way you carried out the theme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great theme, the girl chose much of it! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Hi Susan! I wanted to let you know that I have a new series that is a compilation of all of the weekly features of all of the parties at The Dedicated House. You of course, were one of those features. Here is the link to the Weekly Feature Series. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/06/features-from-week.html Pop on over and check out all of the features. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your party theme and ideas!

    ReplyDelete