Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Craft Room Reveal

Over the years I have gone from storing craft supplies in available closets, drawers and yes even under the bed. They were not in one space but all over the house! Can anyone relate? After my sons left home I then had a corner in the guest room dedicated to creativity. When we moved to this house, I was able to have a whole room to myself to craft, read, blog, whatever my heart desires! Yes I am one lucky girl! Every now and then I still have to use it for guests, I just store the desk and dress up an air mattress, but day to day I have this space all to myself!

I have hesitated to share pics of rooms in my house because there seems to be a few things I am waiting to get completed. But after thinking about it I decided is any room ever really finished? There are always things I want to tweak, change or work on, but isn't that the fun part?






When you walk in the door this little sitting area is to the right. That is the pillow  I worked on earlier this week. The gallery wall is a work in progress. I am looking for the perfect thing to add in a couple of places. I don't plan a gallery wall as some suggest, I like to just let it happen, adding to it over time.



My sewing machine is next. This was my granny's and I enjoy using it! Above is a chicken wire frame that I made some time ago. I use it to hold pics, pieces of fabric or project ideas.





My desk sits in the middle of the room and this white swivel chair is on rollers so it can go to the sewing machine and back, to the Cricut or where ever I might be working in the room. I personalized it with my Cricut. I am a bit monogram addicted! Behind the desk is a window and a bookcase that holds Bible study materials as well as other things to read.



Opposite the sewing machine and to the right as you walk in is this wall of bookcases. As you can see this provides a major source of storage for the room. My serger sits here, ready to be used. Books for project ideas, magazines and various other craft help sit among items on the shelves. My Cricit, paper and vinyl also take up a large portion of space. Fabric is stored on top. General office supplies are also stored here, the doors hide the not so tidy stuff.



The back of two of the bookcases are lined with wrapping paper. (I first did that here .) This is super cheap, especially if you use a coupon. lol. It adds color and interest to the back of the black bookcases and can easily be changed as desired.



I love to use old utilitarian things related to crafting in this room. The mason jar is filled with wooden  spools that still have the thread on them. Another set of spools is just laying in front of that. Oh top is also yet another type of thread spool.


The old insulators are also great for color. I would love to find an old black sewing machine for display in this room. I need to make some curtains, but haven't yet decided what I need. I also need baseboards, there are none in this room. We removed them when we had the laminate wood flooring (chosen specifically for this room) installed. I also need an overhead light, I can't decide on that either. I would like something kind of industrial, I think.

This is my happy place! I love to come here and create, write, study, think or sometimes just watch "Downton Abbey"!

Visiting:  Hit Me With Your Best ShotWow Us WednesdayThe Turquoise HomeGrace at HomeThoughts from AliceAmaze Me MondayMake It Pretty MondayThe ScoopTitus 2 Tuesday

6 comments:

  1. craft organizing and craft room are my OCD. I love it.


    Sweet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am obsessed with craft rooms! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. What a great room! Right now I have a corner of the room my daughter stays in when she comes home, but at least everything is in one place now! Thanks for showing off your room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time I have had a whole room and it is really great! Thanks so much for checking it out!

      Delete
  3. How cool to have a craft room! It came out lovely. I love the framed chicken wire for holding photos and parts of projects. What a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made this a few years ago and have used it in many different ways. It is one of those projects that keeps getting reinvented! Thanks for coming by!

      Delete