Monday, June 29, 2015

Three Cheers for the Red White and Blue

I love the 4th of July! For me it is a holiday of no expectations. Grab anything you can find that is red, white and blue, add a few flags and the decorations are complete. The menu is anything you can throw on the grill, add a little potato salad, watermelon and cupcakes for dessert, seriously what could be easier! Oh and paper plates are expected!




We enjoy fellowship with friends and of course fireworks!



This year I will be celebrating some of the many things that make this country great. We have experienced some history making decisions this past week, and whether or not you agree, we live in a country that allows each of us to express that opinion.








We live in a country where I am free to attend worship  and pray to the One True God without fear of persecution. Earlier this year we were in a country where we were instructed to be cautious of our surroundings when sharing our belief in Christ. We were told to share in smaller groups and avoid large crowds where we might draw attention.



Yes I am thankful for the Red, White and Blue. I am thankful for freedom that came as a result of the ultimate cost of life for many. And while I am truly thankful, I am also mindful that I have a responsibility. A responsibility to something, no, to someone far greater than a country or a flag, but a responsibility to my Savior.




Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your works and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16



As the fireworks light up the night sky, may I be reminded to allow the light of Jesus shine brightly through me in a dark world.


Happy 4th my friends. Shine brightly.

Sharing with:  Titus 2 Tuesday l:  Inspire Me TuesdayWow Us WednesdayOh My Heartsie Girl Wordless Wednesday

22 comments:

  1. I love your post. With all of the recent events, it's really nice to hear that some people still have faith and still put God first. Thanks for the post. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jolleen for stopping by and for your words of encouragement!

      Delete
  2. Love your blog and the words that you have spoken! We are so very blessed to live in a country where we are free and my heart spills over with gratefulness for the freedom we enjoy and for the men and women that God has put in place to protect that freedom! I am thankful for the red, white, and blue too! Enjoy your weekend!
    Cathy@threekidsandafish{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your 4th with family and friends. Thank you for visiting my little part of this crazy blog world!

      Delete
  3. Happy 4th! Excited to celebrate FREEDOM this weekend! I am super pumped for fireworks too ;) I'm such a kid at heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline! Freedom is worthy of celebration and I look forward to time with friends!

      Delete
  4. Happy 4th! I love how you described it as a holiday without expectations. So true. Blessed to live in this great country!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie, I tend to stress myself out and the fourth the most stressed I get is picking out a shirt with red, white and blue! Thanks for stopping in.

      Delete
  5. Happy 4th! We love this holiday because of the joy we can have in this country. My kids can't do fireworks, but we always enjoy great food and time to discuss the freedom we have here. Thanks for sharing your love for our country and our holiday ;)

    Marissa

    Reading List

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marissa, thanks for stopping in and it is a great time for family to discuss our freedom and be appreciative of what we have been blessed to enjoy!

      Delete
  6. I love celebrating the 4th! There is something so simple about it and it is always a family - centered time.

    Shellie
    www.thefabjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shellie, I think it is the simplicity that I enjoy as well. Just a time for friends and family!

      Delete
  7. Celebrating our freedom to worship God is more important than ever this year. Be a light brighter than the fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes mam, I don't think I will ever view fireworks any other way than to remind me that I am to shine the light inside of me in a world as dark as the night sky!

      Delete
  8. Happy 4th of July! That is the longest sparkler I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah, that is funny! We had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I lived in Canada for a few years, and now that I am back in the States July 4th is one of my favorite holidays! We are so privileged to live in a free country. Thank you for that reminder.

    Nicole =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole for the visit and encouragement! Yes everytime I am blessed to travel, I am reminded of the blessing of the country!

      Delete
  11. Beutiful post! It's good to know that there are still good people out there. I hope you and your family have a wonderful and safe July 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Kelly, thank you. We are looking forward to the 4th and although I have always been thankful for our blessings this year it will be used to inspire us to "shine our light".

      Delete
  12. Great article and inspiration! Great country and I LOVE this upcoming holiday. Thanks for sharing at #OMHGWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit Donna, enjoy the 4th with your family!

      Delete