Friday, July 10, 2015

Painted Table - Small Projects


There are times in the midst of large projects when I need to feel a sense of accomplishment and it won't be happening anytime soon with the big project! We are working on the outside of the house one section at a time and I have been doing some painting a couple of hours each morning before it gets too hot. While I see great progress I just wanted something to feel done.





I had this small table, although too low to be a real table. I have used it in various ways, but here lately it just seemed to be in the way and it was a little beat up. Wanting to add some color to the front of the house, nothing major because it is the next outside section to be tackled. So I decided to paint this table in the same color as the newly painted back door. It was a quick easy project and could be done  inside! Win, win. I cleaned it by wiping it down, painted a coat of primer and then two coats of paint.



It adds just enough color to satisfy me until the major stuff gets started! Have you used the new paint from the home store with the big blue sign, Sherwin Williams brand?   I used it for this project and really like it. It is a nice and thick paint and covered well!






Sharing with:  Anything Blue FridaySusan B Mead Wander LinkupWeekend Wind Down;
Sunday's At HomeMake It Pretty MondayTitus 2 TuesdayInspire Me TuesdayThe ScoopOMHG Wordless Wednesday

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Audra! I love reusing stuff in our home!

      Delete
  2. Cute little table! Amazing how a little project like that can build confidence and improve my sense of accomplishment for doing things around the house to beautify. Thanks for the inspiration! Linked up with you at Dancing with Jesus...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy for stopping by and for the encouragement! Have an awesome weekend.

      Delete
  3. I love how you have re-purposed this little stand, perfect for th plant it hold. The paint looks awesome, gloss and all, looks really durable!
    Thanks for stopping by to share at #OMHGWW this week!!
    Have a great week!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karren, thanks for checking out my table. I really like what it added to my front porch.

      Delete
  4. Primer was a good idea, when I first saw the wood table, I thought you had to strip all the stain before you could paint it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The primer worked great, helped get a good even coat of paint. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete