Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy 2016

I love looking at friends posts this morning on FB with all of the celebrations that come with a new year! Family parties, not so family parties, scavenger hunts, prayer meetings and of course fireworks as well as many other fun activities.





What did I do you ask, we had a wonderful fire in the fireplace, watched some football and I worked on my new calendar! And yes indeed it was the perfect night! December is always a super busy, super crazy month and on top of that we drove the fifteen plus hours to Kentucky and back in four and a half days. The quiet evening was just what we needed and I hope it continues on New Year's Day! My goal is not to leave the house!









At this point I am not setting any specific goals this year, but hope to continue to simplify life as a whole. "Stuff" continues to feel as if it chokes me and so I want to live only with the things I need or love, and those items having a specific place. I am getting there, but it is a slow process.





I am super excited today because I am reorganizing my craft room, and yes that really does excite me. I got some new things for Christmas and my birthday to make it more functional. I am hoping to pare down somethings and create spaces for each of the things I enjoy doing as well as a Bible study spot.

As the new year begins I am joining two new groups that start today. One is reading the Bible through in chronological order, I tried this once before on my own and didn't have success. I think because I have always read the Bible in a certain order, it felt really random to me, strange I know! With joining a group it will provide me with much needed accountability!






The second is a group of women going through the book, "Praying for Your Husband from Head to Toe". I know absolutely nothing about this book, but I have lead "The Power of a Praying Wife"  in a group setting several times and it is always a blessing so I am really looking forward to it. I don't get my book until tomorrow and I hate starting behind, but will let you know what I think of it!

Happy 2016, I pray it is spent growing closer to God and sharing grace and love with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment