Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Organize the Laundry Room

I stumbled on a new to me blog, Mary ORGANIZES.  While I haven't had time just yet to sit and peruse her whole site, I decided to take her "91 Day Declutter Challenge 2016". Although I did the required reading, several short articles, I didn't download her Declutter Printable Pack.  If you have been following my blog for very long you know that I am forever decluttering and trying to find the perfect organization solutions for my home.  I decided to follow Mary because it is only three months and each day is broken down with individual assignments that seem manageable even when times get really busy.








The first week we tackle the laundry room.  My laundry room is small,  7 1/2 ' x 8', and it must function in many ways including a mud room, drop zone, pet area, storage of extra entertaining items that do not fit in the kitchen, a pantry for extra items that do not fit in kitchen, my kitchen is small also,  mop, broom storage, a place to have small tools handy in the house, holds recycling container and houses the water heater. As a laundry room there is a place for dirty clothes and I also fold clothes in there.  Now that is a lot of stuff for one little room.



I decided to tackle my room all in one day because I had just cleaned everything out in August and really the room just needed some sprucing up.  I took everything off the shelves, wiping the shelves down and then returning the items.  Everything I rearranged in August seemed to be working well so I didn't make any changes.   I cleaned around the washer and dryer and then the floor.  I didn't have drawers or closets to go through, yet another reason I could complete the whole room in a day!





In the spring when I can open the windows I want to paint the shelves, cabinets and trim.  I also want to add a curtain to the back window and add a little color, it is looking a little vanilla.  I also want to add tile to the floor, but that is not a 2016 project!

Check out Mary Organizes, you may want to join the 91 day Declutter Challenge as well.  If you do let me know, maybe we can encourage each other!




Sharing with:  Messy Marriage; A Little R & RWomen with IntentionWaiting on WednesdayBrag Worthy Thursday; Shine Blog Hop; Think Tank ThursdayHappiness is Homemade

8 comments:

  1. This is great! I love decluttering one area at a time. I get overwhelmed if I don't break it down. I'm clicking over to Mary Organizes. Thanks for linking through Waiting on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thanks for stopping in, I usually go like gang busters, but get frustrated when the rest of the house is a mess from neglect so I am going to follow Mary and see how it works for me.

      Delete
  2. Susan, this is awesome! Can't wait to see how good everything looks once you've painted. You'll have to be sure to post pictures when you do. I'm sure it's going to turn out great! Happy New Year and GOD bless you, beautiful friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tai for stopping by, I always have a long list of projects in the works! I will be keeping a check on the oops paint for sure! Blessings.

      Delete
  3. I had to check out your laundry room and getting it organized. We have a laundry closet vs. a room and it reminds that I need to get in and do some reorganizing in it. With it being in a huge closet, all for itself, I sometimes forget how messy things can get in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a laundry closet before this and I must say I much prefer a small room. Although it is hard to keep clean because it has so many jobs to do! Thanks for visiting Carol!

      Delete
  4. I am just starting to look into re-doing my laundry room! We moved into our home a year ago and I was newly pregnant and no energy...this year is a totally different story!! I can't wait to start and I love the baskets and the wall hangers. Our coat closet is so tiny, so those would be a great idea!
    xo
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole, it really does function well for us. And thanks for checking out my blog! Blessings.

      Delete