Thursday, February 11, 2016

Easy Homemade Bread

Is there anything better than the smell of homemade bread baking?  I love baking bread, it is just so homey and there is nothing better than a piece of just baked warm bread with a little bit of butter melting on top.  Yummmmm.  Trying to eat a little healthier homemade bread is a rare treat at our house, but even every couple of months it is something to look forward to!







Although I sometimes enjoy kneading dough, the recipe I am going to share with you today requires no kneading and is super easy.  I know you may think there is no way homemade bread is easy and have always been too intimidated to try it, but trust me this is easy!  My mom passed this recipe to me twenty plus years ago and I don't think it has ever failed!  Trust me you can do this, give it a try,  your family will love it!








Easy Homemade Bread

2 1/2 cups lukewarm water
1 pkg yeast
4 TBSP sugar
4 TBSP Crisco
3 tsp salt
3 cups AP flour

Dissolve pkg yeast in lukewarm water, when dissolved add to mixer bowl and whip with all remaining ingredients approximately three minutes until smooth.  Add an additional 3 cups of flour (6 total in recipe) and stir with wooden spoon until all flour is mixed in dough.  Cover and let rise in mixing bowl until doubled in size (3 to 4 hours).  Push dough down to get the air out, use clean wooden spoon to divide equally in two greased bread pans.  Dip hands in flour and smooth top of dough, be sure to get in corners.  Place clean kitchen towel over pans and let rise again until almost double (another 3 to 4 hours).  Bake at 375 degrees in preheated over for 30-45 minutes.  To tell when bread is finished after baking, it should sound hollow when thumped.  Bake and enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment