Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Baker's Rack Redo for the Patio

I have wanted something to sit on the patio wall as you go in my back door for a while.  I knew I wanted to serve from the space, but also add some storage as well as decor for the patio area.  I asked Mr. Wonderful if we could build a cedar buffet, like the one we made for my birthday and of course he agreed, but after thinking about all the long list of things we still have to do to the fixer I decided that was a project that could wait a couple of years.

I almost forgot to get a before pic!



Not wanting to spend much I combed the garage sale sights and found a bakers rack at a reasonable price that I thought would do the trick.  It was a little rusty and needed a shelf but I thought I could work with it.  After bringing it home and cleaning it up a bit I began by spray painting it, I don't recommend painting on a windy day because you use twice as much paint!








These first few pics were snapped with my phone cause a girl can't run power tools and take pics!




Next up was the shelf, we had several pieces of cedar left from using it on the exterior of the house so I cut a couple of pieces to fit the opening and added a brace on each side of the underneath for support.   Almost a perfect fit, I need a little help from Wonderful to use the table saw to cut a small board for the back of the shelf.




Love the way it turned out, perfect for the space.  I was able to add some fun decor creating an inviting atmosphere on the patio.  It is our favorite place to have dinner in the spring and fall!   This was such an easy and inexpensive project!  The only thing left to add is an umbrella for the table!













This minnow bucket has a secret!  I can't wait to show you!



Sharing with:  Homemaking Party; From House to Home; Shine Blog Hop; Over 50 Feeling 40; Create it Thursday; Think Tank Thursday; Grace at Home; Inspiration Monday; Creative Gallery; Inspire Me Monday; Titus 2 Tuesday; Kelly's KornerYour Gonna Love It; Make it Pretty Monday

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hey Val, thanks for stopping by! The secret will be revealed in the next post!

      Delete
  2. I love that! I really want one, too, to set small herb pots on. Might have to keep my eyes peeled at garage sales and such!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for checking out my bakers rack. My plan is once we build the buffet to make this a potting bench, I think it would work great for that!

      Delete
    2. This is Jayne McFarland..... You operate power tools, too?!?!?!?!!!!!! I love the final product and you are officially my hero!

      Delete
  3. I love Baker's Racks! You did a great job...and thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, thank you for checking out my project. It was my first time visiting Over 50 Feeling 40!

      Delete
  4. This is smart! I've been thinking about an outdoor shelving area like this, but couldn't come up with an economical way to do it. People love getting rid of these baker's racks on FB swap&sells so I am sure I can pick one up for cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn, I really love the way mine turned out! It is an easy relatively inexpensive project. I hope you find one cheap!

      Delete
  5. I love baker's racks! Such a great idea for your patio!
    Thanks for sharing on the Shine Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany thanks for dropping in for a visit! I have enjoyed the many ideas on Shine Blog Hop!

      Delete
  6. I love your pretty bakers rack. I co-host a blog party on Monday's called Cooking and Crafting with J & J at Julie's Lifestyle. I would love to have you come and share this with us. Thanks.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to link up, Julie. Checking it out right now! Thanks.

      Delete
  7. I flipping LOVE this! I always see these racks at the thrift store, but I don't really have space for one inside. DUH! Put it outside! Pinning and tweeting this <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsey! I love the way it turned out too! I hope you find a great deal.

      Delete
  8. I have a baker's rack that is long overdue for a make-over! I think you have given me inspiration! Great job!
    Blessings as you enjoy your handiwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such an easy project that certainly added much needed interest and serving space on my patio. I hope you have fun making yours over!

      Delete