Wednesday, March 2, 2016

To India and Back Again

This was my fourth trip to India and I must say it has been my favorite, although I have loved them all.  It seemed as if  we connected with a group of people more than anytime in the past.  We worked with believers teaching a conference on biblical marriage, we also visited many people's homes.

Our team.



Each time I go to India I am moved by their hospitality.  We were served chai, my favorite and snacks at every home.  People invited us in and treated us with respect even when we shared our faith and it was so different than their own.  One sweet girl called me auntie and asked us to spend the night.  We were told by one family that we were welcome to come back as often as we wanted, this man didn't agree with our faith but he was so gracious and kind.  I truly feel as if I have many new friends.





I regret not getting a few pics of our meals at the conference.  The tent was beautiful and had been used for a Christian wedding the day before, the first ever in their area.  We were served on banana leaf plates, they were beautifully organic and if you come over anytime soon, just be warned I am trying to figure out how I can replicate that!!!!!!!






Be still my heart, I love that man!

The rest of the post will be pictures and quite a few.  The people are just so beautiful, it was hard to just pick a couple.  Enjoy.



A pic from our roof top.




"Auntie"




School!



My friend, Cathy.





A necklace to keep the evil spirits away!

Gardening

Pray for the people of India!


Sharing with:  Think Tank Thursday; Shine Blog Hop; Happiness is HomemadeSocial Butterfly SundayTitus 2 Tuesday; A Little R&R

12 comments:

  1. Your pics speak volumes of the love of God. Bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Jayne McFarland.... (I will have to see if my husband can help me list my name on our shared account! :-)
    What a blessing!!!!!! Your India ministry pics warmed my heart!!! I especially love how you enjoyed the gift of hospitality by folks who have so much less to give!!! There is a lesson there for us all!! I just love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Jayne! I come home humbled each time by their generosity. They are beautiful people with much to teach us!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing! I was moved to tears by PB's story on Sunday morning. What an incredible experience! Hopeful to some day join you on one of these adventures. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love for you to join us! It has truly changed my perspective! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful country! You were so lucky to be able to travel so far and to be able to speak the word about your work. Thanks for sharing your pictures and experience with us on #SHINEbloghop this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, thank you so much for stopping by! I feel very blessed to have met these beautiful people and experience their beautiful culture.

      Delete
  6. My husband is from India. Love seeing pictures. Found you on Social Butterfly Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Trena for stopping by, I love the people of India!

    ReplyDelete
  8. May God bless you for your service! How wonderful to get to see pictures of a different place, people and way of life! So beautiful! Thanks for sharing with #SocialButterflySunday! Hope to see you link up again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking out my trip to India. Just to meet these beautiful people and be a part of their lives is a blessing to me!

      Delete