Sunday, April 17, 2016

Easy Get Together

Last week I hosted a get together with some of my most treasured friends.  One of my favorite easy menus is loaded potatoes.  I bought a bag of the large baking potatoes, I wish there was a size between tennis ball and football.  After washing and wrapping in foil I popped them in the oven a couple of hours before needed.  One lady brought a green salad and everyone else brought potato toppings.  Can hosting a group of people get any easier, I think not!



Our table setting was inspired by these cute napkins with rainboots and umbrellas. The scripture cards were freebies from here..  After printing and cutting them apart I added the ribbon bows!  It made a cute take home!










I love putting my jars for drinks out for each person to grab.  Grocery store flowers placed in a white pitcher and set inside of a boxwood wreath provides an easy spring centerpiece.




Fresh strawberries, some dipped in chocolate, some with filling and the rest  plain was our no frills dessert.  Yes those are my rain boots cleaned up and placed on the dessert table with a few boxwood sprigs cut from outside.  They were for decoration, food did not come in contact with them so I thought it was safe!




We had a great low key evening!  Having friends over doesn't have to be stressful or gourmet.  An humble baked potato is cheap, filling and each person can make them to taste.  Just enjoy your guests!  




Sharing with friends:  Mommy Moments;  Inspire Me MondayBusy Monday; Monday FundayMMM Party; Creative GalleryTitus 2 TuesdayClassical Homemaking;

No comments:

Post a Comment