Thursday, April 7, 2016

Our Garden and New (to us) Recipes

A few weeks ago we planted a small garden, and we have enjoyed it so much.  We water, fertilize, weed and check its growth, it doesn't take much to entertain us!  Really we counted this as a learning year for us, we have had only a little success in the past with Texas gardening.  We realized we planted our lettuce and spinach a little late and it didn't yield much, but we learned the best place to plant and are already discussing trying a second planting in the fall.






We love spinach salad and was impressed with how tender the leaves were compared to the grocery store spinach we usually use.  I also tried a new recipe from Everyday Occasions .   Jenny's blog is beautiful and inspiring.  We are always looking for new recipes for summer that are easy, light and full of taste and this did not disappoint.  It was truly delicious, Wonderful loved it and asked for it to make a regular appearance.  Her pictures are beautiful and I suggest you click over if nothing else to enjoy the pictures on her blog, but Penne with Grilled Chicken, Spinach and Cherry Tomatoes  is a must try!  The only change I made was to use about 3/4 a box of pasta instead of a full box.










I also tried a recipe for banana muffins and they were a hit as well.  I had some bananas that were  getting a bit too ripe so I looked around on Pinterest for a muffin recipe with ingredients that I already had on hand.   Perfect Banana Muffins  were super easy to throw together,  I like that it only made a dozen muffins and they got better the second and third day!  You can't beat that!  The only change that I made to this recipe, (because I can't leave well enough alone) was to use brown sugar instead of white.

Have you tried any new recipes lately?  Would love to hear your summer suggestions for light and easy meals.


Parties I am attending:  Grace at Home

No comments:

Post a Comment