Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Building Shutters

Last summer we started working on the exterior of the house.   When we removed the vinyl shutters we decided to live shutter free and see how we liked the look.  As we were finishing the exterior this summer Mr. Wonderful and I both agreed that we needed shutters, but we decided to only put them on the windows not covered by the front porch.








After researching different cedar shutters we decided on raised panel.  We purchased our lumber in the morning and had them built by lunch!  Wonderful actually looked at the picture and built them without any directions.  Nail holes were filled and then I sanded while Wonderful mowed the yard.  






Saturday morning I stained the shutters and then we hung them.  I am going to show you just a sneak peak.  The gutters are going up and then the outside of our house is finished!  It has been a long 18 months of hard work, but I couldn't be happier!



No comments:

Post a Comment