Friday, May 20, 2016

Entry Before and After

When we first looked at our house I liked that it had an entry.  Even though it is just a small hall, it provided  separation from the rest of the house.









The foyer had dated wallpaper and vinyl flooring.  Coming in the door to the right is the dining room as seen here   and straight ahead leads to the family room.






Replacing the door was one of the first things we did and it made a huge impact.  We also removed the wallpaper, the worst job ever, and painted a neutral color.  The vinyl was replaced with hard wood flooring, the light was updated, the frame around the opening was made more substantial as were the baseboards.





This space is only about three feet wide, I have a Bombay Company half moon table that I found at a second hand store and a chalk drawing of my children when they were kids.  I change the vignette on the table often to reflect my mood or the season.
















This is such a small space, but the first thing you see when you enter my home, my desire was that it would be an inviting space to welcome family, friends and perhaps a few strangers.




Sharing with:  Inspiration Spotlight; Dare to ShareInspiration MondayInspiration MondayCreative GalleryKeeping It Simple

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I have never had an entryway either, but we are in the process of looking for a new home and I would love to have one. Your's looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, thanks for checking out my entry. So many homes don't have them, but I like a little more separation. Good luck on your house hunt!

      Delete